Although the keto diet is incredible - burns fat and gives a cognitive boost, it can be challenging at times.
- Due to the number of restrictions, it is easy to succumb to temptations like carbs and sweets.
- You need to cut out many common foods and ingredients which makes it difficult, especially if you’re high on stress and short on time.
- And even if you manage to resist temptation, eating the same foods again and again gets old really fast.
Finding appropriate keto-friendly snacks that aren’t just fat bombs, and vegetable sticks are easier said than done.
That's why we show the benefit of subscription boxes, teach you how to choose one and introduce the best options out there today.
Let’s get snack’ in.
In a hurry? Our favorite subscription box is Keto Krate!
Benefits of Subscription Boxes
Signing up for a keto subscription box may essentially change your life and diet plans forever. There are actually more perks than merely getting stuff delivered to you monthly.
In this sense, we made a list of all the benefits of entering a subscription for a monthly keto box.
- Weight Loss - The best thing about these subscription boxes is that they keep you on track with your dieting goals. The keto subscription boxes are full of keto-friendly foods like cookies, protein bars, and low-carb snacks. Such composition will help you with your sugar tooth, therefore prevent you from binge eating and breaking your diet cycle.
- Surprise Factor - Firstly, who does not love surprises? Another feature of the keto subscription boxes is that they have different foods and snacks every month. This will help you discover new awesome snacks, and avoid thinking about stopping your ketogenic diet due to monotony.
- Spice up Your Diet - When you are cooking for yourself all the time, the keto diet may become dull. Keto subscription boxes allow you to add something different, new and exciting in your diet. Not only this will boost your energy but also your will to keep following the dietary rules.
- Commitment - What is better than a box that supports your diet plans, arriving at your doorstep every month? When you have such supplies, you are less likely to cheat and get unmotivated while following a strict diet. The keto subscription boxes will help you keep your sugar levels stable and fuel your workouts with healthy snacks and meals.
Are Keto Boxes Worth the Money?
If you know a thing or two about the keto diet then you already know it can get pretty expensive. Regarding this problem, the keto boxes come in many shapes and forms, each of them completely worth for the money.
- Convenience - With keto subscription boxes, you do not have to worry about a thing. They are entirely user-friendly, contain foods that will keep you in ketosis, and arrive at your home monthly (2). These boxes will also save you many headaches you would otherwise have if you tried to track down the products on your own.
- Availability - Since you never know what is inside of your monthly subscription box, you might as well end up getting something you have never seen or tried before. This way you can find new interesting snacks that may not be available in your area.
- Timesaving - The people who follow a ketogenic diet know how time-consuming is to constantly be on the lookout for healthy foods. With keto subscription boxes, you do not have to worry about searching for snacks you can eat every single day. The box's brand has already done the job for you saving you lots of time and money.
- Low-cost - When buying products in bulk, the companies get massive deals, which allow them to sell the products for a lower price. This is what happens with subscription boxes, where the majority of the snacks are cheaper to get through a subscription box rather than an actual store.
How to Choose a Subscription Box?
Coming down to the most important part, there are a number of things you should put into consideration when you choose a keto subscription box.
- Important: Although most snacks in these boxes are low in carbs, not all of them are entirely keto-friendly. Many boxes position themselves as "low-carb" instead of keto-approved. Make sure you will always verify your boxes and snacks!
- Make sure the box is not full of "fluff" - Before purchasing a subscription, see what is included in the box. The last thing you want is products that you will never use or try.
- Look if there is more - Seek a box that does not come with a few snacks only but also with a catalog of interesting keto recipes or suggestions that will help you with your diet (3).
- Pay attention to the number of snacks - Keep in mind, this is a monthly box- the number of snacks should be enough for a full month. The quantity is as important as quality.
- Cancelation policies - Always read the company's cancelation policies. It is best if you are able to cancel your subscription at any time.
- Check the composition of the snacks - Even though the majority of the snacks in these boxes are perfect for a ketogenic diet, there are products that contain maltitol (4). This chemical compound is not keto-friendly so avoid anything that has maltitol in it.
Best Keto Subscription Boxes
#1. Keto Krate
Keto Krate is one of the most well-known keto subscription boxes that exist. The box features various products each month, it is not surprising that more than 90% of the users are content with their purchases.
One of the best things about the Keto Krate subscription box is that the company avoids ingredients such as maltitol, soy, aspartame, and gluten.
The snacks that are included in this subscription box never have more than 5 grams of net carbs and are perfect for those who want to stick to their keto diet.
There are two different monthly plans the users can choose from. Nibbler is the first plan and it provides 4+ snacks in each box. Muncher is the name of the second plan and it provides 8+, mostly unusual snacks.
The most special thing about this subscription box is that Krate is the only company that emphasizes its gluten-Free and malitol-free policy. The users are able to cancel their subscription at any time.
Price: Nibbler - $19.99/month, Muncher- $39.99/month
Shipping: Free for USA, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, and military addresses. Canadian shipping is $8.99 on Nibbler and $10.99 on Muncher plan.
Shipping Date: 10th - 15th of each month
Subscription Plans: Monthly
#2. The Keto Box
The Keto Box is another interesting snack box to consider. Relatively new on the market, the team behind this subscription box aims to become a major player in the field.
One of the main shortcomings of this box is the fact the company does not specify the carb content, which is a problem for the followers of keto-friendly diet.
The Keto Boxincludes between 8 and 11 snacks each month and allows the users to unsubscribe anytime.
The best thing about this keto subscription box is that it comes with a free 28-day meal plan and includes exclusive monthly coupons.
The company can take pride in their solid transparency as numerous photos of their previous boxes can be found on their website.
This allows the potential customers to kind of see what the company usually includes in their monthly boxes. The team is also very responsive and always look for customer feedback following each shipment.
There are plenty of subscription plans available and the renewals occur on the 15th of every month at 12:00 AM UTC.
Shipping: Free for the USA. Shipping to Canada is $15.99
Shipping Date: Shipped 5th - vary depending on the location
Subscription Plans: monthly, 3-month plans, 6-month plans, 12-month plans
#3. Keto Delivered
Keto Delivered subscription box is probably the most different snack box on the list. The company that manufactures this box focuses on something that you would not find even if you were looking for it.
They deliver 5-7 unusual snacks and strongly assert the products are "ultra low on carbs".
Among these unconventional snacks, you can find products such as Empire Mayonnaise Sriracha, NYC Rooftop Pepper Sauce, and Moon Cheese.
Despite the fact the snacks in this Keto Delivered subscription box have low carbs, no other net carb levels are mentioned.
Once again, this can be an issue for the followers of the ketogenic diet. The most special thing about this company is the fact its center of attention is the artisanal product.
These are the kind of products that are usually produced in small batches, so are extremely hard to find and purchase.
The subscribers to the Keto Delivered subscription box can cancel their subscription at any time, but after the box ships, the company is unable to issue refunds.
Shipping: Free flat-rate shipping
Shipping Date: Shipping 20th-25th of each month, the box arrives within three business days
Subscription Plans: Monthly plan
#4. Bunny James Snack Box
The Bunny James Boxes is a company that focuses on improving the snacking habits, and making healthy food options conveniently available.
The company has four different subscription boxes the users can choose from such as Keto, Vegan, Paleo, and Fitness subscription box.
Each box includes delicious bars, chips, jerkies, and nuts. It provides users with the perfect balance of savory, sweet, crunchy, and chewy.
The Bunny James Keto Box offers 15 (25-35 oz) snacks, all of which are low in carbs, high in protein, low in sugar, and high in fat. This makes the snacks perfect for consuming while following a ketogenic diet.
The most special thing about this company is that their boxes arrive packaged like a miniature garden. All of the boxes include grass, heartfelt story and a custom poem. An additional amazing feature is that the subscribers can custom the delivery of the boxes to match their own schedules.
Price: One time purchase $49.99 / Subscription - $44.99/month
Shipping: Free U.S shipping for orders over $50, otherwise the shipping rates are calculated at checkout
Shipping Date: 4-5 business days after purchase
Subscription Plans: Monthly and 2-month plans
#5. My Keto Snack Box
Led by phrase "snack well and live well on keto", My Keto Snack Box is a company that creates subscription boxes full of low carb, keto-friendly snacks.
These products are from trusted brands that help the ones who follow the keto diet.
My Keto Snack Box includes between 8 to 11 snacks that are different from month to month.
The users can also cancel their subscription at any time. The renewal date of the subscription is on the 21st of each month.
The foods included in this keto subscription box does not have more than 5 grams of net carbs, and the company assures you to get introduced to many new and exciting snacks.
The most special thing about this company is that they ship internationally too, and all of the snacks included inside the subscription boxes are low on carbs and ketosis-friendly. The subscriptions do not require contracts, and pre-paid options are available for gift purchases.
Price: $38.00/month, $114.00 - $432.00 / pre-paid option
Shipping: Free for the U.S, International Shipping - Calculated later
Shipping Date: 7th of every month
Subscription plans: Monthly, 3-month prepay plan, 6-month prepay plan and a 12-month prepaid plan
#6. Bar Hopper Box
The Bar Hopper Box, just as Keto Delivered, is a little bit different snack box than the rest of the subscription boxes on this list.
The company behind this box focuses on providing healthy and delicious on-the-go pre and post workout snacks that are high on protein.
All of the snacks are bar-like, so that is exactly where the name comes from. There are four unique packages the users can choose from that are available.
Inside the Bar Hopper Box, the company ships 12 different tasty and full-sized nutritional snacks.
These snacks give a simple yet great ingredient to your body and help it stay strong, healthy, and focused. The healthy protein snacks are low in sugar and non-GMO snacks. The company ships their boxes only in the United States and the subscribers can cancel their subscription anytime.
The most specific thing about this subscription box is that they include a pair of Samsung headphones in every monthly box. Another thing you can do is subscribe for an office package, which contains 144 different protein snacks.
Price: Platinum Best Seller - $31.66 / Medallion Team/Office - $269.99
Shipping: Free U.S Shipping
Shipping Date: Within 24 hours
Subscription Plans: Monthly plan
#7. Keto4All (previously KetoCan)
Although the brand ships worldwide, the name KetoCan comes from its initial design to be made for Canadian residents.
You should definitely consider this subscription box because it is a great way of finding new snacks, especially because it is manufactured outside the U.S.
The team behind KetoCan also focuses on including new products every single month. This means that the users are less likely to get the same snacks each time they receive their monthly box.
When it comes to the weak points, KetoCan does not provide any details about the carb content of the products. This suggests of the possibility of some snacks having more carbs, which ultimately makes them bad for consumption while on a keto diet.
Each box comes with 4-5 full sized products that have been tested and lifestyle approved.
Price: $43.33 / month
Shipping: Free with Canada Post - They have international shipping
Shipping Date: 12th of every month / 3-7 business days for delivery
Subscription Plans: Monthly, 3-month plan, and a 6-month plan
#8. Sugar Smart Box
The Sugar Smart Box is a keto and diabetic-friendly subscription box that have a solid assortment of tasty snacks.
This box allows the users to discover new snacks they can actually eat without feeling guilty about it. The company cares a lot about feedback as they conduct surveys every month.
Inside every box, there is a minimum of 7 premium snacks that vary from month to month. The users can cancel their subscription at any time they want. The company also ships worldwide.
The most specific thing about this subscription box is that it focuses on the people who have problems with their sugar levels or simply have a sweet tooth. That is why the Sugar Smart Subscription Box is a diabetic friendly box that only has products that are low on carbs and low on sugar.
Another feature worth mentioning is that the company, thanks to their surveys, pay attention to the things their subscribers like so they can reorder their favorites in the future boxes.
Shipping: Free shipping
Shipping Date: 10th of each month, delivery - a few days later
Subscription Plans: Monthly, 3-month plan, and a 6-month plan
To wrap things up, the keto subscription boxes are convenient and can save you a lot of time, money. All you have to do is spend several minutes looking for the one that best fits your diet needs, schedule and budget.
Due to our personal judgment, the winner of this roundup is the Keto Krate subscription box. This keto-friendly box of snacks is the perfect supply for your state of ketosis. The company includes a good number of snacks that they deliver inside the subscription box.
There are many amazing things about this specific keto snack box, one of which is their accent on having products that are free of gluten, malitol, and soy. This reduces the chances of the subscribers being allergic to the ingredients.
Keto Krate is the best and most well-known keto box currently on the market perfect for everyone who follows a ketogenic diet.
Alex is editor in chief of Bodyketosis, an author, low-carb enthusiast and a recovering chubby guy who reclaimed his health using the ketogenic lifestyle. The need for the keto life began after his aunt and cousin were diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and he was next in line. Through personal experience and extensive scientific research, Alex offers insightful tips for everything keto.