Keto Chicken Enchiladas are our goto comfort food during ketosis. It’s so ridiculously easy to make and acts as a great source of fat.
Enchiladas, in general, are a well-loved but quite carb-heavy Mexican dish, but worry not! We have recreated this dish to fit into your keto diet regimen with a tiny fraction of the carbs.
Make the cheese crust; to ease process you can buy the shredded cheese. Combine the cheddar and mozzarella in a mixing bowl. Use a spatula to combine.
Prepare the chicken; shred the cooked chicken or grate using grater. Place the chicken in a mixing bowl.
Season the chicken to taste with salt and pepper. Add hot sauce. Taste the chicken and adjust the seasonings. Some like it spicier.
Heat large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. You can spray the skillet with cooking oil before cooking the crust.
Sprinkle ½ of the cheese over the skillet. Let the cheese melt evenly.
Remove the skillet from the heat. Spread ½ of the chicken over the cheese crust. Top with 1 tablespoon enchilada sauce.
Gently lift one edge of the cheese crust and start to roll. You can do this completely with a spatula. Be careful as the cheese may be very hot.
Once you have rolled the tortilla, remove it and place onto the plate. Cover with aluminum foil or keep warm in the oven and low setting. Repeat the process with remaining ingredients.
Serve enchiladas with crème fraiche on top and sprinkled with cilantro.
Keto Chicken Enchiladas With Cheese Crust
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup Chicken thigh cooked and shredded
- 1 teaspoon Low-carb hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons Red enchilada sauce no sugar added
- 2 tablespoons Crème Fraiche
- 1 teaspoon Cilantro chopped
- Make the cheese crust; in a mixing bowl, combine cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare the chicken; combine chicken, hot sauce, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ¼ of the cheese mixture into the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Spread ¼ of the chicken over the cheese crust and top with 1 tablespoon of green enchilada sauce.
- Roll the crust closing the chicken in the middle and serve on a plate. Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve two tortillas per person, topped with crème Fraiche and cilantro and enjoy!
Was this post helpful?
Alex is the founder of Bodyketosis, an author, low-carb enthusiast, and a recovering chubby guy who reclaimed his health using the ketogenic lifestyle. The need for the keto life began after his aunt and cousin were diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and he was next in line. Through personal experience and extensive scientific research, Alex offers insightful tips for everything keto.